Then we want to hear from you!
As part of our service to the Buttershaw community, we are proud to run a Family Contact Centre which allows a safe space for children to connect with a parent that they are not currently living with.
This valuable service is only possible due to the efforts of our wonderful volunteers and we are currently recruiting for support assistants to join our team.
If you would like to put something back into the community and to support families in need then read ahead for more details.
Voluntary Support Assistant
- Set up play activities
- Welcome and support parents and their children
- Oversee general running of the session
- Assist with refreshments
- Report any child protection/child safeguarding matters to the team leader
- Observe health and safety matters
- Help to clear up at the end of the session
- No formal qualifications required
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Polite, friendly and respectful
- 18 years+ (no upper age limit)
- Enhanced DBS check will be required
- Willing to undergo training
- Alternate Saturdays
- From 9:30am – 2:30pm (plus set up and pack down times)
- Opportunity to share the session between 2 volunteers (morning/ afternoon)
How to apply
Call Doreen on 01274 690262 (ext 20) or email email@example.com